WORDS

They shape your world

My Profile

My Profile
I am currently pursuing a Bachelor of Education degree.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

warm up your brain with fun brain



I came across this site accidentally while doing some research on YouTube. The setting was a child being home schooled by her father. Before he got into the dept of the lesson, the child was given a warm up exercise on a fun education site named "funbrain" as referenced from http://www.funbrain.com/ . As a teacher this could be an excellent way of reinforcing concept previously taught.

This website is actually excellent for both teachers and parents as it makes learning and revision fun and exciting for a child. The site is visually attractive with an array of colours and consideration is also given for different levels of learns.


I wanted to review mathematics, so a window opened with an addition sum and a baseball game. Each answer I got right carried me to the next base, COOL! Really nice! The game and the right answers both gave me positive reinforment to excell. Just imagine how this could truly motivate students.



As we all know revision is a principle key on the road to success in education and I believe that websites like these which offer such exciting ways to test concepts taught in the classroom, would definitely make the process of education easier for our students and make our jobs as teachers more easier. Here's the link again if you missed it. http://www.funbrain.com/















5 comments:

  1. This is really a fantastic site for everyone to enjoy. Hey I've just complete a game of Grammar Gorilla and this site is very attractive. Thumbs up for this great site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this software tool. I've just finished playing a game of Gorilla Grammar and my daughter loves it as well. This can make learining about nouns and pronouns fun and students do this by playing a game. Thumbs up Odia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a person who was often "revision challeged" I think this a great software tool. It should encourage children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The math car game was interesting I love maths and this game made me concentrate imagine what it can do for a young mind great work Odia keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a "Grammar Gorilla" ;>
    this site really helps u learn in a totally fun environment. i'll introduce it to all my nephews and nieces

    ReplyDelete